In order to accomplish our mission, It’s My PII will:
1. Seek redress through both litigation and legislation at all levels of civil government including federal, state, county and local.
2. Educate and inform citizens
3. Network with like-minded organizations
To do this, we must continue to build our wide grassroots support and raise needed funding to pay for legal representation. Attorneys will then file the necessary legal documents to obtain an injunction, thus preventing the distribution of PII.
The purpose of the injunction is to enjoin the use of executive orders that interfere with the federal statute known as FERPA, force the Arizona Department of Education to observe and fulfill the elements of FERPA, designed and intended to prohibit certain actions that interfere with parental rights and responsibilities, and the collection and distribution of personally identifiable information:
· Block the intrusion into the Affective Domain without specific parental consent
· Block the transmission of data to the U.S. Department of Education and any other U. S. Department without specific parental or student (if 18 or older) consent
· Block the transmission of data to non-government organizations without specific parental or student (if 18 or older) consent
· Secure revocation of the Office of Arizona Attorney General’s December 10, 2014 opinion that parents cannot opt out their children from the AzMERIT assessment per ARS 1-601 and 1-602
· File for an injunction of the AzMERIT assessment until it is validated and it has been verified that it contains no capability to collect any information